2/06/2005

Please accept my apologies

"Please accept my apologies
for not coming in today.
You see,
I had somewhere else to be."
The words echoed
in my ear. And
I stared at him out
of my gray-blue-green eyes,
trying to look fierce
even though
my heart was melting away.
"Just please
make sure that it
does NOT happen
again. I
need employees I can
trust. Not ones I
have to worry about."
I tossed my hair,
pursed my lips,
and turned and walked away,
Like I have done so many times before.
But guess what?
He didn't follow.
I hid my teardrop
crystals
in a little bottle
and pretended that
I didn't really want him to.
But then,
all of a sudden,
I felt his hand on my arm
burning it's way into my skin.
Flip me around,
close your eyes.
Lips on lips,
hand on arm,
tears on cheek.
He's crying too.
Wait.
He's crying too?
This
was not my idea
of a fairy-tale ending.
But I think
that I can make it work.
The end.

No comments:

Someday...

I'll find the right words to say to you.