10/24/2007

song for a man

If I could fit the words on a page,
I'd write you every song that ever was
and sing it to you until the sky turned dark
and the moon shone bright.
I'm lost inside my head again
and you're the only one who can even see where I've gone.
Will you fight for me through the end?
Will you tell me that I'm beautiful as I keep tearing myself to shreds?
If my world was perfect
I'd be beautiful and soft every hour of every day
and I'd make you feel like the man you are.
Can you take this instead?
Can you read this when I pierce your heart
and realize that I'm a mess that's clinging to the only thing that makes sense?
Necessity is an evil thing in our life
and it dictates who we are and what we become.
Come on baby, let's run
and get away from the problems we've started.
Come on baby, let's dance
and let the moonlight swallow us whole.
Come on baby, let's live
and start over with every rising sun.

No comments:

Someday...

I'll find the right words to say to you.