9/20/2004

Looking for the familiar,
Searching for a friendly face
In this cold unhappy place.

All I see is different,
Everything that's new,
Searching, looking around for you.

But I don't see your face,
In this unfamiliar place.

I'm looking but not finding;
Crying, trying to see through
The looking glass in two.

Crawling through the mud,
and hoping that you're somewhere.
This tragic game called life
is not always fair.

But I don't see your face,
In this brand new place.

I'm looking but not finding;
Crying, trying to see through,
the looking glass in two.

And now we've reached the end,
let's go back to the beginning,
We've still got living
left to do.

"And I can't recall myself
How I went down.
Did I get shot,
Or shoot myself?"

-"Don't be there" by Switchfoot

No comments:

Someday...

I'll find the right words to say to you.