9/17/2004

Sitting in my room,
Wishing you were here,
Knowing you're not coming back,
Crying as I write.

I thought I could help.
Thought I could make life better.
Make life worth living again.
I think I failed.

And now I'm stuck.
I can't do anything anymore.
Can't write, Can't sleep, Can't breathe
Without thinking of what I lost.

You twist me around.
I love you, I hate you, I want to scream.
I feel like bleeding, but I can't.
I can't write either.

I wish I could talk to you again.
Talk like we used to.
But that was then, this is now.
I'm not enough anymore.

I wish I was.
I wish I could tell you everything.
I wish you would understand.
But you won't.

Just leave me be!
Stop invading my head,
every empty moment.
Pick on someone your own size.

I know I'm a fool,
For thinking I mattered.
Thinking you would care,
If I hurt inside.

I'm not mad anymore.
Just sad.
But this is how it is.
I'll get over it.

Don't tell me I'm pretty,
If you don't mean it.
Don't touch me,
If you don't care.

Smile your pretty smile,
And go on living,
Just remember all I was,
And how you lost the girl-next-door.

No comments:

Someday...

I'll find the right words to say to you.