9/21/2004

Redemption

Swimming in a sea of fog and
drowning in a world of tears and
my feet are so heavy,
my hands are so cold,
I hear your voice and I begin to scream.
Colors fly as I'm pulled along and
smiling softly when I'm there and
this is nonsense,
this is fake,
things are exactly what they seem.
Don't stop fighting for me and
can I ask you to do that and
I think I just did,
I think that you will,
I choose to keep living.
So this is the other side and
this is what Redemption is called and
Here we go again,
I'm starting to spin,
I reach for your hand and find it right there.
The words keep pouring and
they are new, they are different and
I think that I like this,
I think that I am okay again,
I think this is how it will stay.

No comments:

Someday...

I'll find the right words to say to you.